How do I process a move to a new home utilizing my voucher?

In order to process a move, you must first ensure that you are not currently in a lease term obligation.   If you are nearing the end of your lease or are currently on a month-to month agreement, you will be eligible to process a move.

In order to process a move, you must give the appropriate written notification to both your current landlord and to the Housing Authority.

Current policy requires a thirty (30) day written notice, prior to the end of the month.   This can either be in writing or you can utilize the form attached, to submit your notice to vacate. ATTACH the mover notice….

Once you have provided your notice, you must be prepared to relocate and be prepared to pay for your own deposits and screening fees.

If you are planning a move in the near future, please make contact with your case worker to discuss the process and the financial criteria.

Housing Authority
1034 Main Ave
Seattle, WA 98103