Need help paying for childcare?

There are several programs that provide assistance with paying for childcare in Thurston County.

For families with low income who are working, looking for work, or going to school:

Washington State Working Connections Child Care provides financial assistance with childcare costs.

  • Many licensed childcare facilities accept this subsidy, and it can also be used to pay for care provided by a family member, friend or neighbor who meets program requirements.
  • You will need to provide the names, dates of birth and Social Security numbers for each household member
  • If possible, it is helpful to know your DSHS client identification number and the name and license number of the childcare provider you have chosen

Apply online at, by phone at 1.877.501.2233 or in person at your local DSHS Community Services Office.

Other Childcare options:

Child Care Action Council - Olympia, Washington
Child Care Aware for Families